Update the inventory in real time through GDS API integration
One of the most important tools for travel industry is GDS (Global Distribution System). It is a network which is operated by various travel technology solution company which also empower automated payments between travel agencies and travel service providers. This hold the trust of the travel agencies since it provides products, services & prices to impart travel related services to the end clients.
Each travel airlines had its own reservation with travel agents as subscribers but right now due to GDS API integration everything has become independent and their important subscribers are travel agencies and airlines. The major GDS API integration in the market are – Galileo, Amadeus, Worldspan & Sabre. Through these, you can have access to both B2B & B2C platforms & also exposure to world inventories of hotels, cars, buses & airlines.
The vast network of GDS API integration empowers the travel agencies and their customers to access the travel data for making bookings. Also, the inventories aren’t held by GDS but the vendors reservation system holds it itself and therefore it has real time link with the vendors database.
GDS API integration also updates the inventory status in real time. Therefore, one can check the rate changes and also can change the price or make special discounts and offers. All the changes can be viewed instantly by the agents & will be able to give new updates & offers to clients without any interruption to make any deal.
Features of GDS API integration are –
- Search for both one way and round way flights
- Search for flights by city or airport
- Search flight fares
- Book or cancel airline tickets
- Detail search by departure/arrival time, flexible dates, airlines, class & direct flights
- Filter flight search results by price, time and date, airlines, flight duration, number of halts
- Use frequent flyer program (FFP)
- Search for air ticket order by No, tourist name, air carrier
- Search for hotels by city, location, category, hotel name, dates of stay and price
- Number of rooms and tourists
- View detailed hotel descriptions
- View price breakdown per day book hotels
- Send order comments to the supplier
- Manage hotel bookings or cancel bookings